What is BlueStacks?
BlueStacks is a piece of software that lets you run Android apps on your Mac/PC. BlueStacks is primarily meant for running Android games, however it also fully supports regular apps, like Instagram.
BlueStacks is a well-established brand, works out of the box with minimal effort on your part and is safe to use.
Followyst and BlueStacks
Followyst works by automating the Instagram app installed on an Android device. Normally such a device is a piece of hardware – aka smartphone – that you keep in your pocket.
BlueStacks can emulate a set of Android devices and in most cases works with Followyst with minimal, straightforward setup. It’s really handy when you don’t own an Android smartphone or can’t afford to part ways with your smartphone throughout the day.
Installing and configuring BlueStacks
- Download BlueStacks for your Mac/PC from the official website.
- Locate the downloaded installer, double-click on it and follow on-screen instructions. Your Mac/PC might restart in the process. When in doubt, consult official guides for macOS and Windows.
- Launch newly installed BlueStacks, in case isn’t running.
- In BlueStacks’s Android, go to Google Play Store and log in with your Google account. In case you don’t have one, following on-screen instruction on how to create one.
- In the Google Play Store on BlueStacks, search for Instagram and Install it.
- Once installed, click on Open next to Instagram on the same screen. You can also later access Instagram from the BlueStack’s home screen.
- Log in to Instagram with the IG you want to automate.
- “Warm up” IG by performing the usual actions you do in the Instagram app (tap around, search, browse profiles, like content etc.).
- Consult our getting started guide on how to start your journey with Followyst.
That’s it! You can now launch Followyst, with BlueStacks running, and enjoy cordless automation action 🦾🎉.Important. Make not to use the same IG account on more than one device at the same time (including BlueStacks). It might cause Instagram to restrict some actions on your IG.
Followyst automation fails a lot when running within BlueStacks
Try selecting and applying different device profiles in BlueStacks, as shown below: